تست گرامر (7) آزمون MCHE
Grammar TEST SEVEN
Directions : Questions 1 -5 are incomplete sentences. Beneath each sentence you will see four words or phrases, marked (A), (B), (C), and (D). Choose the one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
1. All the major cities of the United States, ________ the cities of the Great Lakes and the Gulf of Mexico, began as centers of trade.
(A) and to include (B) which including
(C) included (D) including
2. Settled by English Puritans in 1630, Boston became _________.
(A) the capital of the Massachusetts Bay Colony
(B) the Massachusetts Bay Colony its capital
(C) it was the capital of the Massachusetts Bay Colony
(D) so that the capital of the Massachusetts Bay Colony
3. Navigators on ships and aircraft use a compass to determine _________ they are heading.
(A) The direction in which (B) to where the direction
(C) That direction of which (D) where the direction
4. A condenser is a heat exchanger _________ steam or vapor loses heat and returns to liquid form
(A) What (B) in which
(C) In whose (D) that
5. Published in 1957, John Cheever's first novel, The Wapshot Chronicle, earned _________ the National Book Award.
(A) That he had (B) him
(C) was his (D) to him
Directions : In questions 6 -15 each sentences has for underlined word or phrases, marked (A), (B), (C), and (D). Choose the one word or phrase that must be changed in order for the sentence to be correct.
6. (A) Because banana plants yield (B) only one bunch of fruit, (C) each plant is cut down (D) after produces bananas.
7. Flash photography is (A) widely used for (B) taking pictures when the natural light (C) is insufficient, such as outdoors at night and indoors most (D) of time.
8. The (A) specific purpose served by a storage dam will (B) influence its design and (C) determined the amount of reservoir (D) storage needed.
9.In 1889 Jane Addams founded Hull House, (A) an institution in Chicago (B) where she and other (C) socially reformers lived and worked to improve urban living (D) conditions.
10. Early United States revolutionaries shaped an orderly (A) processes by which frontier territories (B) would move from colonial (C) status to (D) statehood.
11. In (A) music, cacophony (B) is discordant sounds, false harmony, or (C) noisily and inharmonious (D) combinations of sounds.
12. Small to medium-sized (A) marsh birds similar in body shape (B) by cranes, rails are found (C) throughout the world, (D) except in the Polar Regions.
13. The (A) completion of the first transcontinental railroad in 1869 (B) gave California its first (C) direct rail connection with (D) a rest of the United States.
14. Wilhelmina Cole Holladay (A) she was the (B) founder and first (C) president of the National Museum of Women in the Arts (D) in Washington, DC.
15. (A) As sweeteners, there is very (B) small difference between honey and sucrose, (C) although the former does contain minimal (D) quantities of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
MCHEنمونه تست گرامر (7) آزمون MCHE